Everton are expecting an improved offer from United after recently rejecting an initial offer of £10 million but it’s thought United are not prepared to improve that to anywhere near the £20 million Everton are holding out for.
With Bill Kenwright urging new manager, Roberto Martinez, to hold on to his star man, new United manager David Moyes could be prepared to switch his focus elsewhere rather than get involved in a long drawn out deal unless Everton quickly lower their valuation.
At £6 million Siqueira would represent useful business for United in comparison to any deal for Baines.
Siqueria is an attack-minded full-back who produced six goals and three assists for Granada last season. Two years Baines’ junior, the 27 year-old is a superb crosser of the ball and possesses excellent dribbling skills while not being afraid of a tackle or putting himself where it hurts for the cause either.
Elsewhere, the obvious endeavour to find a new leftback leaves Patrice Evra in no doubt a move could happen for himself despite having no desire leave the club.
With interest from Monaco and the option to return home, Evra is believed to be looking at the situation seriously but has no plan to force a move unnecessarily preferring to wait while events unfold surrounding United’s incomings before making any decision.
- ‘A complete and very intelligent player’: Man Utd target backed to shine in the Premier League
- Hannibal Mejbri could become a regular starter under Erik ten Hag after ‘excellent’ display
- Jonny Evans delivers fantastic performance in 200th appearance for Man Utd
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Burnley, Mejbri starts
- ‘Very happy with him’: Erik ten Hag praises Sergio Reguilon ahead of Burnley clash
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount is an option on the right wing vs Burnley
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Burnley, Varane returns in three changes
- Erik ten Hag on Jadon Sancho’s Man Utd future
- Romero says Man Utd star thought he was God on earth, was like that 24 hours a day
- Erik ten Hag hints four Man Utd stars could return vs Burnley