Atalanta are open to re-signing Manchester United forward Amad Diallo in a part-exchange deal for Rasmus Hojlund this summer, Tuttomercatoweb claim.
The Red Devils have identified Hojlund as their priority striker target, and they are prepared to make an opening offer in the region of £50 million for his services.
However, this may not be sufficient as Atalanta reportedly value him at £85m.
Tuttomercatoweb now report that Atalanta would welcome a player-plus-cash deal for Hojlund. The Serie A outfit are interested in re-signing Amad as part of the move.
Man Utd could consider a part-exchange deal for Hojlund
United boss Erik ten Hag has earmarked Hojlund as his number one striker target. The club are now considering an approach, but it won’t be easy to sign him.
Atalanta are aware of the immense potential of the 20-year-old, and they appear reluctant to part ways with him unless they receive a significant transfer fee.
However, their interest in Amad could help lower the price. The Ivorian has yet to become a United regular, and he could be used as a makeweight in the deal.
Amad was signed from Atalanta for an initial £18m two-and-a-half years ago, but he has made just nine appearances. He spent last season on loan at Sunderland.
He could be involved in pre-season for the Red Devils, but his chances of starting regularly are very less due to the heavy competition for places on the right wing.
United currently have Antony, Jadon Sancho, Anthony Elanga and Facundo Pellistri for the role.
We won’t be surprised if Amad is offered as part of the deal for Hojlund. In doing so, the Red Devils could reduce the fee to an affordable level as the budget is limited.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling