Manchester United registered a crucial 2-1 victory over Aston Villa on Sunday.
Erik ten Hag made one change to the starting line-up, with Raphael Varane replacing injured Lisandro Martinez.
Rasmus Hojlund gave a perfect start to the Red Devils, putting them ahead in the 17th minute.
Villa looked much better than the visitors and equalised via Douglas Luiz.
The midfielder celebrated his strike too early as Scott McTominay scored the match-winning goal with just four minutes remaining.
Man United are now six points behind fourth-placed Tottenham Hotspur. Here are the player ratings:
Andre Onana – 7/10
The goalkeeper made a few good saves and kept United in the game. He took ages to pass the ball from the back and looked unconvincing.
Diogo Dalot – 8/10
The Portuguese full-back delivered a magnificent cross to assist Scott McTominay. He has developed a great understanding with Alejandro Garnacho, helping United to attack from the right flank.
Raphael Varane – 7/10
The Frenchman showed his class today, winning six out of seven duels and making three tackles.
His game-awareness was critical to ensure United’s win with the hosts piling on the pressure.
Harry Maguire – 7/10
Maguire produced another solid performance at the heart of the defence. He assisted Hojlund for the first goal and could have doubled United’s lead from a set-piece.
Luke Shaw – 6/10
The England international defended his flank with great determination against Leon Bailey. He was taken off at half-time due to an injury that could worry Ten Hag.
Casemiro – 6/10
Another harsh booking for the midfielder. He should have taken better control in midfield but improved in the second half.
Kobbie Mainoo – 7/10
Mainoo earned a booking for a tactical foul. He played a vital role in the build-up to McTominay’s goal.
Bruno Fernandes – 7/10
A few fans might look at his astray passes and complain, but Fernandes displayed his fine creativity with the ball at his feet.
He created eight chances – the second-highest in the league this season.
Alejandro Garnacho – 6/10
He came very close to restoring United’s lead after dancing his way through the left flank. A constant threat that keeps the opposition defence on their toes.
Marcus Rashford – 5/10
A below-par performance. He had some bright moments after the break but was rightly replaced by McTominay.
Rasmus Hojlund – 7/10
Hojlund scored for the fifth consecutive time in the Premier League. He showed quick feet to take advantage of Maguire’s header but faded in the second half.
Victor Lindelof – 3/10
The defender has not started a game in two months and that was visible from his awful ball distribution on several occasions. His introduction paralysed United’s attack from the left flank.
Scott McTominay – 8/10
He is now Ten Hag’s main man from the bench. Another crucial goal from the Scotland international.
Jonny Evans – N/A
Too late to rate.
Sofyan Amrabat – N/A
Too late to rate.
- Man United player ratings vs Nottingham Forest: Casemiro keeps silverware hopes alive for the Red Devils
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract
- Manchester United: Sao Paulo make stance clear on Casemiro transfer
- Mason Greenwood harbours no great desire to play for Manchester United again
- Man Utd join Arsenal in race to sign Besiktas wonderkid Semih Kilicsoy
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Kambwala starts