Manchester United are close to completing the signing of AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi, reports L’Equipe.
The France international wants to join the Red Devils this summer but talks are yet to begin between both clubs.
Man United want a centre-back this summer and have been linked with Napoli ace Kim Min-jae.
However, they are monitoring the French market for fallback options if they fail to land the South Korean.
Disasi has long been linked with a move to England, with the Red Devils interested in signing him in January.
Monaco failed to qualify for Europe after finishing sixth in the Ligue 1 this term, and the 25-year-old wants to leave.
The Principality club want between €40 – €50 million for his services, and Man United should not have an issue meeting their demands.
The former Reims star featured in all 38 league games this term, weighing in with three goals and three assists.
Disasi also bagged two goals and an assist in eight Europa League games, and he scored once during their two Champions League qualifiers.
Man United are looking to part ways with Harry Maguire, and manager Erik ten Hag wants a defender capable of providing Lisandro Martinez and Raphael Varane with quality cover and competition.
Disasi fits the bill and he is keen on playing in the Premier League to prove himself to the national team selectors.
He has played thrice for France and a move to such a big side and big league would boost his chances of becoming a regular for his country.
Disasi can also play as a right-back, and such versatility will come in handy should he join Man United.
- 3 goals in last 4 meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return