Manchester United have been strongly linked with a move for Arsenal contract rebel Alexis Sanchez in recent months.
Following the start of the winter transfer window this month the speculation has further increased, with Sanchez’s next destination being a choice between us and Manchester City, according to several reports.
The Chilean is in the final six months of his deal at the Emirates and Arsenal are resigned to losing their star either this month or for nothing in the summer.
On Thursday we reported that Manchester United had made an offer of £20 million plus Henrikh Mkhitaryan for the 29-year-old, in an attempt to beat City to his signature.
Bookmakers have short odds on Alexis Sanchez joining either Manchester City or Manchester United this month.
Arsene Wenger has now given an update on the speculation of Alexis Sanchez moving to Manchester United.
Speaking at his pre-match press conference ahead of Arsenal’s trip to Bournemouth on Sunday, the Gunners boss has this morning said:
“Look, honestly, I cannot tell you much more at the moment about this situation. Nothing is really concrete.
“I don’t want to give you wrong information. Nothing is decided one way or another.”
Wenger hasn’t ruled out Sanchez staying until the end of the season either. When pressed on whether there is a bidding war between us and City, the French manager added:
“It is always beneficial to the club who can take advantage.
“But we are not in that. Normally you should stay until the end of the season but we will see.”
Alexis Sanchez has been a superstar at the Gunners over the past three-and-a-half-years since joining from Barcelona, scoring 60 goals in 122 Premier League appearances, mostly from out wide. He has won the FA Cup twice but has not been involved in a title race.
The player would be virtually guaranteed more playing time at Old Trafford as there is little competition for places out on our right wing, whilst Pep Guardiola has used Raheem Sterling, Leroy Sane and Bernardo Silva out there in his Manchester City team this season.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player