Arsenal have reportedly suffered a massive blow with Thomas Partey ruled out of the clash with Manchester United tomorrow.
According to the Ghanaian FA, Partey was left out of Chris Hughton’s squad for the upcoming international break due to an injury.
They released a statement saying: “Thomas Partey is left out of the squad due to injury.
“According to his club, the player picked up an injury in training and could be on the sidelines for a while, however, the Black Stars medical teams is monitoring the situation.”
A test for Man United awaits tomorrow
Thomas Partey has started in the right-back spot this campaign.
Mikel Arteta wants his team to be flexible in and out of possession. Partey joins the midfield to pile pressure on the opponents when they have the ball.
With the Arsenal ace set to miss tomorrow’s game, Arteta could turn to Takehiro Tomiyasu.
He could also start Ben White at the right-back spot and draft in Gabriel to play alongside William Saliba in the heart of the defence.
Erik ten Hag must deploy Marcus Rashford on the left flank tomorrow.
The England international was ineffective as a centre-forward in the first two games of the season.
However, he created a goal and won the match-winning penalty last weekend when Man United beat Nottingham Forest.
Anthony Martial may lead the line again, but United supporters would rather see Rasmus Hojlund make his debut.
The highly talented striker joined the Red Devils from Atalanta this summer in a deal worth £72 million.
He is yet to feature for United due to an injury. Ten Hag has confirmed that Hojlund has recovered and is in contention to face the Gunners.
A win at the Emirates Stadium would be a massive confidence booster for Man United.
- 3 goals in last 4 meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return