Ajax winger Antony wants to join Manchester United within 48 hours and has officially asked the Dutch club to cooperate over the transfer, De Telegraaf report.
The Brazil international is determined to sign for the Red Devils this summer and earlier yesterday, it was revealed that his representatives are staying in London to negotiate with United.
It is now reported that the player has informed to Ajax chiefs Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and Gerry Hamstra that he would like to leave the club for Old Trafford within two days.
United’s recent transfer offer of €80 million was snubbed by Ajax, but they are planning to make a fresh bid of €90m plus €5m in add-ons in order to seal an agreement.
Antony determined to secure dream move to Man Utd
The 22-year-old managed an impressive 22 goal contributions from 33 appearances for Ajax last term before sustaining an ankle injury. He made his comeback in time for the new campaign.
The Brazilian has four goal involvements in just three outings, but he now appears determined to make the switch to Old Trafford, having skipped Ajax’s weekend fixture against Sparta Rotterdam.
Despite his transfer plea, Ajax are firm on their €100m transfer valuation for him, but their stance could shift over the coming days as they may not want to keep an unhappy player.
Antony has now handed in a transfer request, and this could also change the whole scenario. In the process, he would be giving up on loyalty bonuses which may tempt Ajax to accept a lesser sum.
The next few days could be pivotal to the transfer saga. Ajax previously signed a replacement for Lisandro Martinez in Calvin Bassey before they let him join United. They may follow a similar policy with Antony.
Hakim Ziyech seems their number one target to replace the former Sao Paulo graduate, but they are currently being priced out by Chelsea, who want a hefty €44m fee for the 29-year-old.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United
- Feyenoord lining up fresh proposal for Man Utd starlet Amad Diallo
- Man Utd readying big-money offer for Goncalo Ramos but Roger Schmidt hopes to keep him
- Manchester United in 2023/24 – Expectations, Predictions and Betting odds
- Erik ten Hag opens up on striker plans, David de Gea & Harry Maguire
- Marcus Rashford wins two major end-of-season awards for Manchester United
- Manchester United eliminate club crest from third kit for the 2023/24 season
- Tottenham Hotspur will resist Harry Kane sale to Man Utd this summer
- Three midfielders Manchester United could sign from the relegated Premier League clubs this summer