Manchester United winger Antony produced his best performance of the campaign during Wednesday’s 2-1 Premier League win over Chelsea.
The Brazil international has had a difficult second season with the Red Devils and he has yet to make a goal contribution in any competition.
He could not open his tally against the Blues last night, but he had a lively display where he regularly got the better of Levi Colwill on the right flank.
Antony won eight out of his 13 ground duels and induced four fouls from the standing Blues captain.
The 23-year-old also completed two dribbles. He had 53 touches and 24 passes, higher than his league average this term (35 touches & 17 passes).
The former Ajax man was also alert defensively with two successful tackles and looked like a player, who was determined to prove a point on the night.
Prior to the game, the winger talked about the impact of criticism on social media and he certainly gave the perfect response with a positive showing.
The €50 million-rated star could not find the cutting edge in the box. That is the next step for him as he looks to re-establish himself as a regular starter.
United entertain Bournemouth on Saturday afternoon. Antony should be assured his starting spot on the right wing ahead of Marcus Rashford for the game.
Meanwhile, much has been said about United’s struggles in the league, but they are currently only three points behind fourth-placed Manchester City.
United are one of the in-form teams at the moment with four wins in the last five top-flight games, and they are well in the race for a top-four finish.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Gleison Bremer shows why Man Utd want to sign him this summer
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow