Talented attacker Antony reportedly wants to join Manchester United from Ajax in the summer transfer window.
That’s according to talkSPORT journalist Alex Crook who told GiveMeSport that ten Hag really wants to sign the 22-year-old and the player is keen on a move to Old Trafford.
United have been chasing Antony all summer long now, with ten Hag desperate to bolster his attacking ranks at Old Trafford and Cristiano Ronaldo’s future far from certain.
Ajax are demanding around £70 million for the Brazilian starlet, according to a report from the Express.
Alex Crook has told GiveMeSport that the Eredivisie club are in no rush to sell Antony this summer though, having already moved on Lisandro Martinez and Sebastien Haller for large fees. The onus will be with United to force Ajax into selling.
Antony wants to join Manchester United
The talented Brazilian attacker is actually keen to move to Old Trafford this summer. That’s according to Crook, who told GiveMeSport:
“It’s 50/50 at this stage. Ten Hag is very keen. The player wants to come, but Ajax are in quite a strong position because they’ve already raised money by selling Martinez and Haller, so they don’t need to sell him on the cheap.“
If Antony genuinely does want to join United, ten Hag just needs to get this one done, whatever the price.
The Ajax winger is one of the most exciting young talents on the planet right now. Described as a ‘real deal young Ronaldo’ by Eurosport, Antony is a truly exceptional young player.
He bagged 12 goals and 10 assists in 33 games for Ajax last season. The previous campaign he chalked up 10 goals and 10 assists in 46 games. Those are impressive numbers for someone so young.
He can play on either wing, is exceptionally fast and possesses incredible technique. Antony’s play is quintessentially Brazilian in the sense that he plays with an abundance of flair and creativity and always tries to excite the crowd.
Manchester Evening News have described him as a ‘scintillating’ player. He clearly has so much talent and his potential is frightening.
United should be trying to sign Antony as a matter of urgency this summer.
Stats via Transfermarkt.
- Real Madrid join Man Utd in race to sign Argentine star Enzo Fernandez
- Facundo Pellistri shines for Uruguay in 2-0 World Cup defeat to Portugal
- FA Cup third round draw: Man Utd to host Everton at Old Trafford
- Casemiro scores wonder goal as Manchester United duo help Brazil move into last 16 at the World Cup
- Man Utd plan to recall Ethan Laird if Aaron Wan-Bissaka leaves in January
- Man Utd target Sergej Milinkovic-Savic impresses for Serbia in World Cup thriller vs Cameroon
- Man Utd should sign Vincent Aboubakar from Al-Nassr on loan in January
- Manchester United midfielder Fred opens up on taking inspiration from legendary World Cup-winning Brazil squad
- ‘He is one of my idols’ – Marcus Rashford breaks silence on disgruntled star leaving Manchester United
- Gary Neville explains why investors will prefer buying Man Utd over Liverpool