Ajax winger Antony is determined to join Manchester United this summer in order to reunite with manager Erik ten Hag, Goal reports.
The Red Devils have been linked with numerous players over the past few weeks, and among them, Antony and Frenkie de Jong have been frequently mentioned as the main targets.
The club are currently in regular talks with Barcelona for De Jong, and they could soon engage in formal negotiations with Ajax for Antony, having discussed internally about him.
Amidst this, Goal claims that Antony is determined to reunite with Ten Hag. The news should come as a boost for the Red Devils as they won’t need to convince the player to join them.
Antony is a specialist right-winger. He had a top campaign for Ajax last season, registering 12 goals and 10 assists from 32 outings before being sidelined with an ankle injury.
The Brazilian has electrifying pace on the counter-attack, but has also impressed with his dribbling and defensive contributions. He does not shy away from tackling opponents.
With his solid all-round attributes, he would fit in perfectly under United boss Ten Hag, having worked under him at Ajax over the past two years. He could make an instant impact.
United are loaded with wide players in the squad, but there has always been limited creativity from the right wing. Jadon Sancho failed to provide a solution after his arrival last summer.
There was much talk about the England star prospering from the right side of the attack, but he only found his feet in the Premier League, operating from the left wing position this year.
If Antony arrives, there is a strong possibility that Jadon Sancho could stay on the left flank with the likes of Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial among others used in rotation.
Ajax seem reluctant to lose more than one player to United this summer. Antony could be that choice for the Red Devils, but they may need to pay over £50 million to prise him away.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd confirm long-term deal for Zidane Iqbal, Fernandez and Garnacho assigned new squad numbers
- Man United goalkeeper Nathan Bishop closing in on Wycombe Wanderers loan move
- Manchester United join race for Marco Asensio as Ajax put 80m price tag on Antony
- Man Utd to make transfer offer for Denzel Dumfries
- Frenkie de Jong open to joining Man Utd as they near agreement with Barcelona
- Man Utd may need to spend £130m to land Antony and Lisandro Martinez
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Harry Maguire were involved in captaincy dispute
- Man Utd ready to battle Chelsea for Matthijs de Ligt
- Man Utd aim to seal Frenkie de Jong deal before Thursday
- Man Utd’s pre-season starts: Erik ten Hag’s demands, returning players and De Jong latest