Antoine Griezmann has sparked up transfer speculation linking him with a move to Manchester United again after admitting to international teammate Paul Pogba that it would be “beautiful” to play alongside him at club level.
The Atletico Madrid forward has been linked with a move to Old Trafford a number of times in recent seasons, and it is his friendship with United’s Pogba that is believed to be one of the key factors in potentially luring the Barcelona target to the biggest club in England.
Paul Pogba’s future at United has come under question in recent weeks itself, but whether any club could afford to take him away from us remains to be seen.
Now, Griezmann has hinted that he’d love to play with our box-to-box midfielder at club level at some point in the future.
In an interview for French TV channel Canal Plus (via the Metro), the 27-year-old was talking with Paul Pogba, and said:
Pogba: “If we could have this every day…”
Griezmann: “That would be beautiful to play alongside you and win trophies. But be careful! That doesn’t mean I want to go to Manchester United.”
Antoine Griezmann is widely-expected to sign for Barcelona over the summer with the runaway La Liga leaders believed to be activating at €100 million buy-out clause in his contract.
We cannot be ruled out of the running for Griezmann either having previously persuaded Alexis Sanchez to join us over Manchester City, and that Barcelona already have their front three in place – Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Ousmane Dembele.
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe now seriously considering buying minority Manchester United stake
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash