Manchester United forward Anthony Elanga bagged his maiden Sweden goal yesterday with a stunning curling effort against Norway in the Nations League.
The 20-year-old was handed his international debut in March after impressing under Ralf Rangnick, and he has now made a mark for his country.
Elanga came off the bench in the 65th minute with Sweden trailing 1-0. The deficit was soon doubled, but it was still a night to remember for the United graduate.
With 90 seconds left of stoppage time, the youngster showed his class from the edge of the box, slotting a curling effort into the right hand corner of the net.
It was too late for a comeback draw at home, but Elanga should be pleased on a personal level, having registered his maiden Sweden goal in just his third cap.
Here is a video of his strike:
Elanga was a favourite under Rangnick during the back end of the campaign. The youngster got the regular nod over Marcus Rashford on the right wing.
His returns were not outstanding with just three goals and two assists, but showed plenty of potential with his ability to get into excellent scoring positions.
His finishing was a letdown in his breakthrough campaign, but Elanga had no concerns for Sweden yesterday. Hopefully, he can take confidence from the display.
The young forward has come off the bench for each of his three appearances for Sweden. He should be in line for a start when they host Serbia on June 9.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd confirm long-term deal for Zidane Iqbal, Fernandez and Garnacho assigned new squad numbers
- Man United goalkeeper Nathan Bishop closing in on Wycombe Wanderers loan move
- Manchester United join race for Marco Asensio as Ajax put 80m price tag on Antony
- Man Utd to make transfer offer for Denzel Dumfries
- Frenkie de Jong open to joining Man Utd as they near agreement with Barcelona
- Man Utd may need to spend £130m to land Antony and Lisandro Martinez
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Harry Maguire were involved in captaincy dispute
- Man Utd ready to battle Chelsea for Matthijs de Ligt
- Man Utd aim to seal Frenkie de Jong deal before Thursday
- Man Utd’s pre-season starts: Erik ten Hag’s demands, returning players and De Jong latest