Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana has started searching for a comfortable apartment in Manchester ahead of his anticipated move to Manchester United, Gazzetta dello Sport claim (page 5).
The Red Devils have identified the Cameroonian as their priority target for the goalkeeper role, and talks are currently ongoing with the Nerazzurri to finalise the transfer fee.
United have already made two bids of €45 million and €50m including bonuses for the 27-year-old, and it is now claimed that a fresh proposal is expected in the coming days.
The Red Devils are willing to pay a ‘fixed fee’ of €50m plus add-ons. While Inter are eyeing €60m including bonuses, it is predicted that they ‘should be satisfied’ with the third offer.
Gazzetta dello Sport claim that a deal could be finalised between Tuesday and Wednesday. Onana has already started looking for a comfortable apartment near United’s Trafford Training Centre.
Onana edging closer to Man Utd move
United have already agreed personal terms with Onana, and a transfer could be a formality once they manage to negotiate the payment structure with the Nerazzurri.
This could take a few more days. Manager Erik ten Hag will be keen to reunite with his former Ajax star soon. He will want him in training before the US pre-season tour.
Onana should be a big upgrade on David de Gea in United’s goal next term. He is vastly better with the ball at his feet, and has a better accuracy with his long balls.
The €74,000-a-week star is also good in coming off his line to make high claims. He can also operate as a sweeper-keeper to stop counter-attack against his own club.
United are still planning to hold talks with De Gea over a new contract, but it could be for the back-up role behind Onana. The Spaniard is unlikely to accept it.
Stats from Capology.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions