Amad Diallo’s loan switch from Manchester United to Eredivisie side Feyenoord has collapsed at the 11th hour following the starlet’s injury.
The stage looked set for the 19-year-old to complete his temporary move to the Netherland’s top-flight before Tuesday’s transfer deadline.
However, according to United’s official website, Diallo’s loan departure for Feyenoord has fallen through after he suffered a thigh injury that will keep him on the sidelines for six weeks.
A statement read: “Manchester United can confirm that Amad has sustained a thigh muscle injury in training and is likely to be out for six weeks.
“Unfortunately, this happened just before his planned loan move to Feyenoord. Amad will remain at United and rehabilitate back to full fitness.”
The prodigious winger joined United from Atalanta in January for £38 million, carrying a reputation as one of the most exciting young prospects in Serie A.
However, he struggled to secure regular game time in the second half of last season under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
The Ivorian made his Premier League debut in a 2-1 home loss to Leicester City on May 11 and went on to start United’s final game of last season against Wolverhampton.
Most of his first-team opportunities came in the Europa League, where the youngster struck his only goal for United during a 1-1 draw against AC Milan in the quarter-finals first leg.
After featuring just eight times for the Red Devils in all competitions in 2020/21, Diallo was touted for a loan departure for most of the summer.
The Red Devils were keen to ship the talented forward out on a season-long loan to gain experience and ensure regular first-team football.
Diallo will now remain at Old Trafford to receive treatment and might have to fancy his chances in Solskjaer’s star-studded attacking department once he returns to full fitness.
- Marko Arnautovic’s agent speaks out on potential Manchester United switch
- Man Utd suffer transfer blow with Fabian Ruiz set to join PSG
- Man Utd make opening bid for Marko Arnautovic
- Manchester United 1-2 Brighton & Hove Albion: Three talking points as Erik ten Hag suffers defeat in Premier League debut
- Player Ratings: Manchester United 1-2 Brighton & Hove Albion
- Harry Maguire insists that players will fight for the badge
- Erik ten Hag identifies Fabian Ruiz as the perfect Frenkie de Jong alternative for Manchester United
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Brighton – Three debutants, Ronaldo starts
- Opinion: Manchester United should forget Frenkie de Jong and sign these two unbelievable players for price of one
- Report: ‘Dazzling’ Benjamin Sesko knows Manchester United want him but PSG blow is last thing Erik ten Hag needs