Manchester United youngster Amad Diallo is open to returning to Sunderland on loan if he does not feature in the first-team plans of manager Erik ten Hag next season, Fabrizio Romano reports.
The Ivory Coast international spent the previous campaign on loan with the Black Cats. He made a slow start under manager Tony Mowbray, but became a key player for the club after the World Cup break.
Amad finished the campaign with an impressive 14 goals and four assists in all competitions. The 20-year-old played a key role in the Black Cats qualifying for the play-offs from an unlikely position.
It is now reported that the youngster’s future is still open. He is hoping for a first-team chance under Ten Hag. If he is to be loaned out, his preference would be to return to the Stadium of Light.
Diallo has to impress Ten Hag in pre-season
The former Atalanta graduate has the ability to play anywhere in attack, but prefers the right wing role.
At the moment, Antony is the undisputed starter in the position, but Amad should get plenty of opportunities to impress in pre-season. He could get 45 minutes per appearance.
If he can make a few goal contributions, it is more likely that the manager will decide to keep him. Otherwise, the door is open for Amad to pursue another temporary move elsewhere.
It has been reported that Dutch champions Feyenoord may approach to sign him, but we won’t be surprised if Amad insists on returning to the Championship with the Black Cats.
The Ivorian was playing with confidence behind him during the back end of the campaign. He may want another season in the second tier to produce better numbers in terms of goals and assists.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action