National League club Altrincham have announced that they will be offering a 50% discount to Manchester United fans for Saturday’s game against Solihull Moors to celebrate new loan signing Maxi Oyedele.
The 18-year-old joined the Robins on a short-term loan deal from United in January and he has already scored in two of his three appearances for the club.
After impressive cameos, the youngster is all set to start against Solihull this weekend and ahead of the game, Altrincham have a pleasant surprise for United fans.
The Robins have announced that any fans bringing a Manchester United shirt on Saturday will get a half-ticket admission when buying tickets at the J.Davidson Stadium.
United’s faithful can also book tickets through the club’s official website ‘www.altrinchamfc.com’ with the code ‘mufc50’ but will need to present proof at the turnstile.
Red Devil fans can also present their season ticket or the Carabao Cup ticket as proof of support.
Oyedele has nearly 50 appearances to his name for the United Under-18 side. He is a defensive midfielder by trade, who can also play higher up in the number eight role.
The teenager, who has represented Poland at the Under-19 level, will be aiming to continue the good work at Altrincham before breaking regularly into United’s Under-21 setup.
Altrincham manager Phil Parkinson definitely believes Oyedele has a great future ahead of him, having shown a strong mentality and stayed patient for his opportunities at the club.
He said: “Maxi has come to us this season to gain valuable senior first-team football experience.”
“He’s come in from the very top of full-time football and is experiencing what the opposite end looks like.
“Even though he’s coming in from a club the size of Manchester United, it’s not a given that he will walk into the side.
“He’s had to be patient and ‘earn his stripes’ with us, the same as all the other players he’s currently playing with here at Altrincham.
“But his mentality is one of the best I’ve seen in a young pro and I think he’s got a great future in the game ahead of him.”
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Elliott Investment Management submits offer for Man United minority stake
- Man Utd continuing attempts to agree new contracts with De Gea and Rashford
- Man Utd and Chelsea vying to sign Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana
- With Paul Mitchell set to leave Monaco, Man Utd must beat Liverpool and sign him
- Cristiano Ronaldo opens up on his controversial Manchester United exit for the first time
- Tottenham Hotspur’s interest in Man United goalkeeper Dean Henderson could open talks for Harry Kane deal
- Manchester United in advanced talks to sign Watford left-back Harry Amass
- Man Utd star Christian Eriksen provides huge injury update on Instagram
- Behind only Arsenal, Man Utd have been fined six-figure sum for referee abuse
- Man Utd target Diogo Costa could be sold as Porto require €50m to balance their books