Manchester United have completed the signing of Fenerbahce goalkeeper Altay Bayindir on a long-term deal, according to the club’s official website.
The 25-year-old had a pre-medical with the Red Devils in Athens last week before the club secured an agreement with Fenerbahce for around €6-7 million.
Bayindir underwent his second medical in Manchester, and the Turkey international has now put pen-to-paper on a contract until June 2027 with an option for another year.
After signing his deal, he said: “It is a huge honour to join Manchester United and become the first Turkish player to represent this incredible club. I have a passion for success, and I will give everything to help this special group of players to achieve our ambitions.”
The shot-stopper will be United’s second-choice shot-stopper this season behind Andre Onana. He will replace Dean Henderson, who joined Crystal Palace.
Meanwhile, he has become the Red Devils’ fourth signing of the summer transfer window following the arrivals of Mason Mount, Onana and Rasmus Hojlund.
United are not finished with their transfer activity. The club have already conducted a medical on Tottenham Hotspur’s Sergio Reguilon ahead of a loan move.
The Spaniard is expected to join on a temporary deal without a buy option. There will be a break clause in January. He could be presented to the fans this afternoon.
The club are also hoping to land Fiorentina’s Sofyan Amrabat before the deadline.
The defensive midfielder is a top transfer target for manager Erik ten Hag, but United may need to sell a high-profile player to afford the Morocco international.
The Serie A outfit currently want a guarantee fee of €30 million to sell him. Scott McTominay could make way for the arrival of the 27-year-old from Florence.
- 3 goals in last 4 meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return