Manchester United completed the signing of Alexis Sanchez from Premier League rivals Arsenal on Monday.
Henrikh Mkhitaryan went in the opposite direction in what was a direct swap between the two giants.
Prior to signing for United or even agreeing a contract with us, Alexis Sanchez says that he always gave 100% for the Gunners.
The Chilean missed Arsenal’s 4-1 thrashing of Crystal Palace on Saturday as negotiations continued. Sanchez received criticism from fans and former players alike during this stage before he was finally announced as a United player.
Quoted by Sky Sports, Alexis Sanchez said he was always fully committed:
“I must say I always gave 100 per cent, until the last day, when I asked to the Mister (Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger) to be in the team, because I wanted to be a contribution.”
Anyone who watched Sanchez during his time at Arsenal, from the beginning to the end, will have seen that the 29-year-old never slacked.
Alexis Sanchez went on to compare his transfer to Thierry Henry’s move from Arsenal to Barcelona in 2007, adding:
“I remember today, a conversation I had with Henry, a historic Arsenal player, who changed club for the same reason and today is my turn.”
The Chilean superstar’s move is a little more controversial as he has moved to a direct rival.
Alexis Sanchez has been handed the famous number seven shirt at Manchester United, previously worn by Eric Cantona, David Beckham, Cristiano Ronaldo and… Memphis Depay.
The forward took his time to thank and say goodbye to Arsenal supporters after three-and-a-half-years at the club:
“Thanks for everything Gunners! All we achieved and the good moments that I gave to the club, I want to dedicate it to the fans, they are the most important.
“Thanks for every time you sing Alexis Sanchez Baby.”
Alexis Sanchez joined the Gunners from Barcelona in 2014 for £35 million and went on to score 60 goals in 122 Premier League appearances for Arsene Wenger’s side.
Manchester United fans are very excited at the prospect of Sanchez, who could make his debut as early as this Friday in our FA Cup fourth round tie at Yeovil Town.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player