The transfer speculation surrounding Alexis Sanchez and Manchester United continues to roll on. The Chilean is in the final six months of his contract at Arsenal with manager Arsene Wenger already conceding that the superstar will be leaving the club.
Not wanting to lose him on a free transfer, the Gunners are prepared to sell the 29-year-old this month if their asking price is met.
However, the North London club’s demands have already put off Manchester City. As we reported on Monday night, Pep Guardiola’s side have pulled out of the running to sign Sanchez this month due to Arsenal’s demands.
This has left Manchester United are clear favourites to land the South American, with Jose Mourinho’s side as short as 1/8 with Sky Bet that Sanchez will join the club this month.
Now, FourFourTwo journalist Sam Pilger is claiming that not only are Manchester United very confident of landing Alexis Sanchez, he also believes the deal will go through this week.
The journalist Tweeted the following late on Monday night:
#MUFC increasingly confident they have secured Alexis Sanchez, and he will be a United player some time this week
— Sam Pilger (@sampilger) January 15, 2018
Should Sam Pilger be accurate with his claims, then Sanchez could face Burnley this Saturday if a deal is done in time. If not, he would be eligible to face Yeovil Town in the FA Cup the following week as he did not feature in Arsenal’s 4-2 loss at Nottingham Forest earlier in the competition.
The signing of Alexis Sanchez would be a huge boost to us after starting the New Year with three consecutive victories and closing the gap on Manchester City down from 15 to 12 points at the top of the Premier League table.
We shouldn’t be worried about paying huge wages for the forward if we’re able to land him for a cut price fee from the Gunners. In today’s market the player is easily worth over £100 million.
Alexis Sanchez has been phenomenal for Arsenal during his three-and-a-half-years at the club following his £35 million transfer from Barcelona, scoring 60 goals in 122 Premier League appearances, mostly from out wide. Although he is predominately a left forward he has also spent a lot of time out on the right.
- Jadon Sancho reunion would be appealing for Borussia Dortmund but there are reservations
- Manchester United to assess fitness of three players ahead of their Premier League clash with Crystal Palace
- Daley Blind sends warning to Man Utd midfielder Donny van de Beek
- Man United plan contract talks for rising star Hannibal Mejbri
- Sofyan Amrabat only wanted Man Utd this summer, eyes permanent stay
- Roy Keane sends message to Jadon Sancho after Man Utd exile
- Manchester United’s under-21s suffer 8-1 thrashing against Bolton Wanderers
- Man Utd have fresh solution at left-back with Sofyan Amrabat
- Alejandro Garnacho reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s performance against Crystal Palace
- Casemiro delivers masterclass performance against Crystal Palace in Carabao Cup