Manchester United forward Alexis Sanchez is set to join Internazionale on a free transfer, according to reliable sources.
The Chilean international has spent this past season on loan at the Italian giants following an unsuccessful spell at Old Trafford.
Sanchez still has two years left on his deal with us, worth in excess of £500,000-a-week, but has agreed to reduce his income with a move to Inter. This means Manchester United will be saving over £50 million by moving him onto the Italian side, even if we do not receive any transfer fee.
The 31-year-old joined in an exchange deal with Arsenal that saw Henrikh Mkhitaryan go in the opposite direction in January 2018.
Alexis Sanchez made just 33 Premier League appearances (20 starts) for us, scoring just three goals.
Reliable Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio says that Sanchez will sign a three-year deal at the San Siro. He will join up with fellow former Manchester United players Romelu Lukaku and Ashley Young.
However, Inter’s latest signing will not be available for them during the restart of the Europa League this week. Antonio Conte’s side are on the opposite half of the draw to Manchester United, with many feeling we could meet each other in the final.
Manchester United’s second leg versus LASK takes place tomorrow.
- Van de Beek’s former agent blasts Man Utd over unfair treatment of the midfielder
- Manchester United team news: Erik ten Hag gives fitness updates on three key players
- Marcus Rashford wins Premier League Player of the Month for September
- Manchester United vs West Ham United – October 30 – New Kick-off Time
- Manchester City vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, Potential Line-ups & How to Watch
- David De Gea to hold talks with Erik ten Hag as his Man United future hangs in balance
- Pogba admits he fell short of expectations at Manchester United
- Rashford and Martial doubtful for Manchester derby after missing training
- Roberto Carlos names two current Man United players he would like to play with
- Three Manchester United winners from the international break