Alexis Sanchez is set for a medical at Manchester United today, according to reports.
The Arsenal superstar has been strongly linked with a move to us over the past week with both teams agreeing a deal and the transfer appears imminent.
It has been reported that Henrikh Mkhitaryan will go in the opposite direction after a disappointing 18 months at Old Trafford.
The Mirror are today reporting that Alexis Sanchez will have his medical with Manchester United today after he left Arsenal’s team hotel just before 11pm on Friday night, bound for Manchester. He had been expected to be part of the Arsenal matchday squad for today’s thrashing of Crystal Palace at the Emirates.
This suggests that the deal could be completed as early as this weekend, making the 29-year-old available to face Yeovil Town in the FA Cup fourth round at Huish Park on Friday night.
Juan Mata started on the right wing and Anthony Martial on the left during our win at Burnley earlier today. While Sanchez is predominately a left forward it is expected that he will be used on the right for us where he has previously played at Barcelona and Arsenal.
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday