Manchester United have agreed terms with Alexis Sanchez according to several reports but are relying on Henrikh Mkhitaryan to agree a deal with Arsenal for a transfer to go through.
Should the Armenian fail to agree terms with the North London club then the deal will be off as Arsene Wenger has been keen to seal a player in exchange for the Chilean.
Reports on Tuesday said initially that Mkhitaryan had rejected to sign for Arsenal, but further developments now suggest the 28-year-old is prepared to move to the Emirates.
Mkhitaryan is only in his second season with Manchester United but has struggled badly to settle in since joining from Borussia Dortmund ahead of Jose Mourinho’s first season in charge at Old Trafford.
The Daily Mail are now reporting that the United attacking midfielder has accepted he is no longer in Mourinho’s plans at Manchester United but that he wants an increase on his £140,000-per-week deal if he is to move down south.
Mkhitaryan’s agent, Mino Raiola, confirmed that Alexis Sanchez’s transfer to Manchester United relies on his client agreeing terms with Arsenal:
“Manchester United are not going to sign Sanchez unless Mkhi agrees to join Arsenal.
“Sanchez is part of Mkhi’s deal. Not the other way around. Without him, Sanchez simply cannot go to United.
“Mkhi’s problems at Man Utd are purely related to playing football. He has no problem with the manager. It’s not personal.
“Mkhi has not decided yet. He is going to do what is best for him. He has two-and-a-half years left on his contract. He doesn’t have to leave.”
Should the former-Borussia Dortmund star agree terms then Alexis Sanchez would be on the verge of a £35 million move to Manchester United, earning £350,000-per-week on top of a staggering £20 million signing-on fee.
Both players were left out of their side’s last Premier League games over the weekend with both managers confirming they were distracted by the transfer rumours.
It seems that a deal is set to be complete in the coming hours or days meaning that Alexis Sanchez could be a Manchester United player before Saturday’s trip to Burnley where he could make his debut for us.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player