Manchester United face a battle with Manchester City in a bid to sign Arsenal contract rebel Alexis Sanchez.
The Chilean is now in the final six months of his contract at the Emirates with no suggestions that he’s going to put pen to paper over a new deal.
This means that Sanchez can begin discussions with a team abroad as early as this month ahead of a potential free transfer move in the summer, or the Gunners could decide to cash in on him.
According to the BBC today, Arsenal chiefs will allow Alexis Sanchez to leave the club in January, but on two conditions.
The first, as reported by the BBC, is that the North London club are requesting a £35 million transfer fee – the same price they paid Barcelona for his services three-and-a-half-years ago.
Manchester City are reported to have offered just £20 million for the 29-year-old, whilst we reported yesterday that Manchester United were prepared to offer £20 million and Henrikh Mkhitaryan for his services.
Arsenal also want to find a direct replacement for Sanchez if they’re to let him go during the middle of the season. The latest report from the BBC is that they are making a move for Bordeaux winger Malcom.
According to the report, Arsene Wenger held talks with the 20-year-old’s agent earlier this week ahead of a possible winter transfer.
The Brazilian attacker has scored seven goals in 18 French Ligue 1 appearances (16 starts) so far this season and has added a further four assists from out wide. He is good at dribbling, can hold up the ball to bring others into play, loves running at defenders, wins lots of free kicks and has a decent long range shot on him.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player