Manchester United have confirmed that Alejandro Garnacho has been voted as the club’s Player of the Month for November following his stunning breakthrough.
The Argentine earned his full debut against Real Sociedad in the Europa League this month where he made an instant impression with an early goal in the 1-0 win.
The 18-year-old proved his quality once more in the Carabao Cup third round tie against Aston Villa where he changed the complexion of the game, coming off the bench.
With the scores level at 2-2, Garnacho provided an assist for Bruno Fernandes to make it 3-2 before another superb cross for Scott McTominay’s stoppage-time goal.
While United fans were already in awe of his ability, the South American prodigy enhanced his reputation further at Fulham on Sunday with a dramatic stoppage-time winner.
United looked on course to settle for a frustrating 1-1 Premier League draw, but a moment of magic from Garnacho saw the club clinch the winning goal with just seconds left on the clock.
Hence, it was always expected that the youngster would bag the Player of the Month accolade and there could be many more to come as he has immense potential in him.
Garnacho has made a superb impact in his short time with the senior squad. He will be hoping for plenty of starts when the season resumes following the World Cup break.
Meanwhile, the youngster may still have hope of making Argentina’s squad for the tournament despite manager Lionel Scaloni initially leaving him out of the 26-man squad.
Scaloni has confirmed that he has some players, who are doubtful with injuries. Garnacho could get a late call-up. The youngster could be a surprise package at the World Cup.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United
- Feyenoord lining up fresh proposal for Man Utd starlet Amad Diallo
- Man Utd readying big-money offer for Goncalo Ramos but Roger Schmidt hopes to keep him
- Manchester United in 2023/24 – Expectations, Predictions and Betting odds
- Erik ten Hag opens up on striker plans, David de Gea & Harry Maguire
- Marcus Rashford wins two major end-of-season awards for Manchester United
- Manchester United eliminate club crest from third kit for the 2023/24 season
- Tottenham Hotspur will resist Harry Kane sale to Man Utd this summer
- Three midfielders Manchester United could sign from the relegated Premier League clubs this summer