Manchester United have confirmed that Alejandro Garnacho has been voted as the club’s Player of the Month for November following his stunning breakthrough.
The Argentine earned his full debut against Real Sociedad in the Europa League this month where he made an instant impression with an early goal in the 1-0 win.
The 18-year-old proved his quality once more in the Carabao Cup third round tie against Aston Villa where he changed the complexion of the game, coming off the bench.
With the scores level at 2-2, Garnacho provided an assist for Bruno Fernandes to make it 3-2 before another superb cross for Scott McTominay’s stoppage-time goal.
While United fans were already in awe of his ability, the South American prodigy enhanced his reputation further at Fulham on Sunday with a dramatic stoppage-time winner.
United looked on course to settle for a frustrating 1-1 Premier League draw, but a moment of magic from Garnacho saw the club clinch the winning goal with just seconds left on the clock.
Hence, it was always expected that the youngster would bag the Player of the Month accolade and there could be many more to come as he has immense potential in him.
Garnacho has made a superb impact in his short time with the senior squad. He will be hoping for plenty of starts when the season resumes following the World Cup break.
Meanwhile, the youngster may still have hope of making Argentina’s squad for the tournament despite manager Lionel Scaloni initially leaving him out of the 26-man squad.
Scaloni has confirmed that he has some players, who are doubtful with injuries. Garnacho could get a late call-up. The youngster could be a surprise package at the World Cup.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd have excellent chance to sign West Ham star Declan Rice next summer
- Why Man Utd star should replace Spurs defender in Argentina starting XI
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer ready for return after re-watching his 168 games in charge of Man Utd
- Chelsea attacker Christian Pulisic is destined for Man Utd move
- Liverpool join Man Utd in race to sign Cody Gakpo in January
- Man Utd sale could be completed before end of season
- Real Madrid linked with shock move for Man Utd star Bruno Fernandes
- Man Utd star Raphael Varane leads France in dramatic game against Tunisia at the World Cup
- ‘I think he’s turned it around’ – Paul Scholes names Marcus Rashford as stand out player so far at Manchester United
- ‘It’s quite an easy question’ – Former Manchester United midfielder names Casemiro as his ideal partner