Manchester United suffered another setback on Saturday afternoon as they were beaten by Crystal Palace in the Premier League.
This was the fourth defeat of the top-flight campaign for the Red Devils and the second in front of their faithful at Old Trafford.
They are now seven points adrift of the final Champions League spot and are playing catch-up at such an early phase of the season.
The club’s immediate focus will now shift to the Champions League where they are scheduled to host Galatasaray on Tuesday.
The Red Devils suffered a 4-3 loss to Bayern Munich in Matchday 1, and they must respond with a victory against Galatasaray this week.
Ahead of the game, we believe manager Erik ten Hag should start Alejandro Garnacho following his promising displays off the bench.
Ten Hag handed a full Premier League debut for Pellistri yesterday, but he was disappointing and did not muster a single shot on goal.
He was replaced by Garnacho after the hour mark, and we saw a good improvement with the Argentine being more direct in the final third.
The €25 million-rated star had one shot on target and two blocked. In our opinion, he deserves to make the XI when United host Galatasaray.
Ten Hag has resisted the prospect over the past month as Garnacho and Rashford prefer to play on the left wing, but he needs a solution.
Rashford has operated from the right flank whenever Garnacho has been introduced and the manager should consider this from the off.
Antony could be available for selection on the right wing after his return to training on Saturday, but Ten Hag may not rush him back in a short notice.
Stats from Sofascore.com & Transfermarkt.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling