Manchester United secured a 3-0 win over Crystal Palace in the third round of the Carabao Cup last night.
Goals by Alejandro Garnacho, Casemiro and Anthony Martial secured the victory as United produced a much-improved performance.
Hannibal Mejbri was one of the best players against the Eagles at Old Trafford, putting in an impressive shift in the middle of the park.
The 20-year-old was deployed alongside Facundo Pellistri and Garnacho behind Martial, and he was brilliant during the 71 minutes he spent on the pitch.
Garnacho was impressed with Mejbri’s performance, taking to Instagram to comment on the Tunisian’s post.
Man United need quality cover in the number 10 position if they are to make anything out of their campaign, and the academy graduate could be the answer.
Mejbri was brilliant in the Premier League games against Brighton & Hove Albion and Burnley, scoring with a spectacular strike in the former.
He will now hope to keep playing regularly this term and deserves to after his recent brilliant showing.
Mejbri was booked after 29 minutes for a rash challenge and will need to do better in that aspect going forward.
He is out of contract at Man United at the end of the season, but there is an option to extend it by an additional year.
While that is expected to be triggered, the Old Trafford club are planning talks with the attacker over a new long-term deal.
Mejbri joined the Red Devils for €10million from AS Monaco as a 16-year-old in 2019, spending last term on loan in the Championship with Birmingham City.
He completed his first 90 minutes in the win over Burnley on Saturday, and it will be interesting to see whether he can force his way into Erik ten Hag’s plans.
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions