Manchester United winger Alejandro Garnacho has put pen to paper on a new five-year deal with the club.
Garnacho’s current deal was due to expire in 2024, but United have been in discussions with the 18-year-old for the past couple of months over extending his contract.
The Red Devils have now managed to secure the long-term future of their exciting teenage prospect, who has caught the eye with Erik ten Hag’s side.
Despite his limited game time this term, Garnacho has racked up 11 direct goal contributions in just 1,306 minutes of football – the equivalent of 14.5 full matches.
Garnacho was pleased to have signed a new deal with his current employers and is looking forward to making history at Old Trafford.
“When I joined this incredible club, I dreamt of achieving my debut, playing at Old Trafford, scoring my first goal and winning trophies with this badge on my chest,” Garnacho told ManUtd.com.
“I feel very proud and emotional to have experienced these moments already, together with my family who have supported me every step of the way.
“I am relishing the future and can’t wait to create more special memories with this group, in front of our amazing supporters.
“We are all humbled to have this chance to continue our journey at Manchester United, and I have already begun to work on achieving the next set of targets and ambitions.”
Having missed the last ten games due to an ankle problem, Garnacho is back in training, but it remains to be seen when he will return to action.
The Argentinian is looking to feature for his nation at the 2023 U20 World Cup in a couple of months, and he may not play any further part in United’s season as they bid to secure a top-four finish and win the 2023 FA Cup final.
- Man Utd handed big boost as Juventus lower price tag for Dusan Vlahovic
- Man Utd in pole position in Kim Min-jae race but PSG could explore deal for him
- ‘Above all’: Man Utd leading race to sign Rasmus Hojlund, need to make ‘big offer’
- Man Utd provide ‘strong competition’ in race to sign AZ Alkmaar forward Jesper Karlsson
- Man Utd boss ten Hag deems Victor Lindelof ‘untouchable’
- PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi playing significant role in Manchester United takeover bid
- Stats show why Kim Min-jae is the perfect signing for Man Utd over Axel Disasi
- Sheikh Jassim will not end interest in Manchester United if Friday deadline passes
- Manchester United finalising proposal to sign Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Man Utd linked with Juventus star Federico Chiesa who could be sold for €30-35m