Manchester United youngster Alejandro Garnacho made his full debut for the club during Thursday’s 3-0 win over Sheriff Tiraspol in the Europa League.
The 18-year-old produced a lively performance from the left wing with three successful take-ons while winning seven of his 12 ground duels contested.
The teenager also completed 90 per cent of his passes while drawing four fouls from the opposition.
Garnacho certainly made a good impression in his first big outing for United and his breakthrough could bring the best out of Jadon Sancho, in our opinion.
Garnacho’s breakthrough could have positive impact on Sancho
Sancho has been struggling for form and consistency since the last international break. He was an unused substitute last night with Garnacho picked over him.
The youngster made the most of the opportunity by showing the desire to take on defenders. This could actually have a positive effect on Sancho going forward.
The England star was substituted in just the 52nd minute against Chelsea last weekend before failing to come off the bench yesterday. This was a kick on his back.
The £67.5 million-rated star could be reinstated into the starting XI against West Ham United on Sunday, but he will be aware that he can’t take his place for granted.
Earlier this campaign, we saw Luke Shaw drop to the bench for Tyrell Malacia after a couple of unconvincing displays, but he has managed to redeem himself.
The left-back now appears an undisputed starter for the league games. Hopefully, the latest snub for Sancho has a positive impact on his displays starting from this weekend.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com and SofaScore.com
- Chelsea attacker Christian Pulisic is destined for Man Utd move
- Liverpool join Man Utd in race to sign Cody Gakpo in January
- Man Utd sale could be completed before end of season
- Real Madrid linked with shock move for Man Utd star Bruno Fernandes
- Man Utd star Raphael Varane leads France in dramatic game against Tunisia at the World Cup
- ‘I think he’s turned it around’ – Paul Scholes names Marcus Rashford as stand out player so far at Manchester United
- ‘It’s quite an easy question’ – Former Manchester United midfielder names Casemiro as his ideal partner
- Gary Neville says Marcus Rashford should be a guaranteed starter for England vs Senegal
- Man Utd handed blow with Benfica set to hand new contract to Goncalo Ramos
- Cristiano Ronaldo closing in on January move to Al Nassr