Manchester United youngster Alejandro Garnacho made his full debut for the club during Thursday’s 3-0 win over Sheriff Tiraspol in the Europa League.
The 18-year-old produced a lively performance from the left wing with three successful take-ons while winning seven of his 12 ground duels contested.
The teenager also completed 90 per cent of his passes while drawing four fouls from the opposition.
Garnacho certainly made a good impression in his first big outing for United and his breakthrough could bring the best out of Jadon Sancho, in our opinion.
Garnacho’s breakthrough could have positive impact on Sancho
Sancho has been struggling for form and consistency since the last international break. He was an unused substitute last night with Garnacho picked over him.
The youngster made the most of the opportunity by showing the desire to take on defenders. This could actually have a positive effect on Sancho going forward.
The England star was substituted in just the 52nd minute against Chelsea last weekend before failing to come off the bench yesterday. This was a kick on his back.
The £67.5 million-rated star could be reinstated into the starting XI against West Ham United on Sunday, but he will be aware that he can’t take his place for granted.
Earlier this campaign, we saw Luke Shaw drop to the bench for Tyrell Malacia after a couple of unconvincing displays, but he has managed to redeem himself.
The left-back now appears an undisputed starter for the league games. Hopefully, the latest snub for Sancho has a positive impact on his displays starting from this weekend.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com and SofaScore.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract
- Manchester United: Sao Paulo make stance clear on Casemiro transfer
- Mason Greenwood harbours no great desire to play for Manchester United again
- Man Utd join Arsenal in race to sign Besiktas wonderkid Semih Kilicsoy
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Kambwala starts
- ‘He’s unstoppable’: Erik ten Hag defends Man Utd winger Antony