Saudi Pro League club Al-Ettifaq want to sign Manchester United forward Jadon Sancho on loan today, reports CBS Sports.
Al-Ettifaq are one of the clubs owned by the Public Investment Fund – the sovereign wealth fund of Saudi Arabia worth £615 billion.
They want to get a deal done ahead of their transfer deadline which closes at 10.00 pm today.
The 23-year-old has been out of favour this season under Man United manager Erik ten Hag, and Al-Ettifaq have opened talks over a deal to sign him for the season.
They would be open to including a buy option in the deal, but a straight loan move is likely to be struck as there is little time left for both clubs to thrash out a deal.
However, it remains to be seen whether Sancho will be open to leaving Man United for the Middle East despite being unhappy with his recent treatment by the Red Devils boss.
Sancho hit out at the Dutchman on Sunday after the manager told the press that he was dropped from the matchday squad that faced Arsenal due to a poor attitude in training.
He could be punished for his actions and it has been suggested he could find it difficult to force his way into the manager’s plans for publicly calling him out.
Steven Gerrard has already brought Jordan Henderson and Demarai Gray to Al-Ettifaq and is keen on luring the Man United forward to Saudi.
Ten Hag could have the final say and may sanction a move if he no longer wants Sancho around.
The England international needs to keep playing regularly if he wants to be at the 2024 European Championship and regular chances have not been forthcoming at the Old Trafford club.
A move to Saudi is unlikely to hinder his chances of a call-up as Three Lions manager Gareth Southgate has selected Henderson for the international games this month.
Ten Hag and Sancho have a key decision to make in the coming hours.
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns