AC Milan have set a price tag of €100 million for Rafael Leao amid the transfer links with Manchester United, Manchester Evening News report.
The Portuguese star was instrumental in the Rossoneri’s league winning campaign last season, registering 11 goals and 10 assists from 34 appearances.
He has continued to shine this term with 11 goal contributions in 14 Serie A outings. The 23-year-old also has five goal involvements in the Champions League.
Despite this, there is uncertainty over his future as he is about to enter the final 18 months of his Milan deal. The Rossoneri currently value him at €100m.
United have been regularly linked with his services this year, but Manchester Evening News claim that the club are yet to register any concrete interest.
Leao could emerge as a January target for Man Utd
United are likely to spend on a marquee forward during the January transfer window and it has emerged that PSV Eindhoven’s Cody Gakpo is the priority target.
Gakpo has been in exceptional form with 13 goals and 17 assists from just 24 games for PSV and the Dutchman has his sights on playing as a striker for United.
Leao, who has operated on the left wing for Milan this term, is also capable of leading the line. He could be an alternative target if Gakpo is unavailable this winter.
Still, we don’t see United paying €100m for his services. A deal could be on the cards for around €70m but whether Milan are willing to negotiate is another question.
In news elsewhere, Zlatan Ibrahimovic has urged Leao to stay at Milan for the long-term and has warned him that he would have to start from scratch at a new club.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd need to pay €100m to sign Eintracht Frankfurt striker Randal Kolo Muani
- Where do Manchester United Under 18s stand in the league table after their latest game?
- Loan Watch: Debuts for Bernard and McNeill, Mejbri bags assist
- Man Utd without six players for Leeds clash after triple injury blow
- Louis Saha backs Man Utd to sign Harry Kane and win the Premier League
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest