Roma are interested in signing Manchester United outcast Aaron Wan-Bissaka when the transfer window reopens, according to Calciomercato.
The right-back has experienced a tough campaign with the Red Devils and he has been limited to just four minutes of competitive action.
Manager Erik ten Hag clearly has the preference for Diogo Dalot over Wan-Bissaka and it is now reported that the latter has been transfer-listed.
United are open to loaning him out with an option to buy or an outright sale. Roma are reportedly interested in the former of those choices.
The 25-year-old has been identified as a replacement for outgoing star Rick Karsdorp.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka would fit in perfectly at Roma
Wan-Bissaka has fallen down the pecking order under Ten Hag this season. His lack of attacking threat has seen Dalot cement his spot as the regular right-back.
The club are now looking to replace the £90,000-a-week star in January and reports claim that they could sign Jeremie Frimpong from Bayer Leverkusen. He could cost £21.5 million.
In our view, a move to the Serie A with Roma would suit Wan-Bissaka. The right-back has struggled offensively at United, but still possesses excellent defensive attributes.
He is one of the best tacklers in the Premier League. He has looked short in confidence over the past year after losing his place, but has time on his hands to revive his career.
The Serie A is a more tactical league with lesser intensity. Wan-Bissaka could be a perfect acquisition for Roma, but the Red Devils will want a reasonable buy clause included.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com and Capology.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract
- Manchester United: Sao Paulo make stance clear on Casemiro transfer
- Mason Greenwood harbours no great desire to play for Manchester United again
- Man Utd join Arsenal in race to sign Besiktas wonderkid Semih Kilicsoy
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Kambwala starts
- ‘He’s unstoppable’: Erik ten Hag defends Man Utd winger Antony