Manchester United right-back Aaron Wan-Bissaka delivered an impressive display during the club’s 1-0 Premier League win over Wolverhampton Wanderers on Monday night.
The Red Devils started their campaign with three points at Old Trafford, but their performance was far from impressive. They attempted 15 shots compared to Wolves’ 23 on the night.
The visitors created the better chances to find the back of the net, but ultimately United came up on top. Raphael Varane scored a late winner with a header from Wan-Bissaka’s cross.
Aside from his assist, the 25-year-old was also good with the ball at his feet yesterday. He was dispossessed on a few occasions but overall, he was one of the best performers.
The right-back had an impressive 72 touches, completing 40 out of his 44 passes – an accuracy of 91 per cent. He made three key passes and won three out of four take-ons.
Defensively, Wan-Bissaka registered two tackles, two interceptions, two clearances, blocked two shots and won six duels. It was a fine display from the full-back, who got the nod over Diogo Dalot.
Wan-Bissaka proves his worth with good display
Wan-Bissaka is currently fighting for positions with Dalot at right-back. The latter signed a long-term contract recently, but ten Hag was happy to continue with the Englishman.
The Crystal Palace graduate delivered a good performance against Wolves yesterday. It is quite visible that he has improved with his movement and link-up play in the final third.
Wan-Bissaka was eager to make overlapping runs when required. For the goal, he found himself in the right spot to deliver a loopy cross for Varane. He deserves plenty of credit.
Hopefully, the right-back can continue his good start to the campaign. United are planning contract talks with him. It could be a matter of time before he commits to another fresh deal.
Stats from Sofascore.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling