Antonio Puerta of Sevilla passed away last Sunday. It is an extremely sad day for the club, his family and for the rest of the footballing brethren.
Tim Stannard, the Football 365 La Liga columnist, who writes on his own blog Laligaloca has a tribute post for him. He mentions that he was more or less a Dani Alves equivalent on the left side of Sevilla. Another important cog in the smooth machine that was Sevilla over the past seasons, he was particularly known for his wonder goal that took Sevilla to the UEFA cup final.
May his soul rest in peace.
Similarly, our condolences to the family of the young Rhys Jones. We also feel sad for the family of QPR striker Ray Jones who was killed in a car crash.
May your souls RIP. The footballing community is united in your grief.
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Kambwala starts
- ‘He’s unstoppable’: Erik ten Hag defends Man Utd winger Antony
- Fresh injury concerns for Ten Hag as Varane, Fernandes & Maguire could miss Forest match
- Man Utd consider Antonio Silva as ideal candidate to strengthen their defence
- Preview: Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United – stats, team news, line-ups
- Man United players requested Sunday off after Fulham loss
- Incoming Man United CEO Omar Berrada already meeting senior executives while on gardening leave
- ‘He’s available’: Erik ten Hag confirms Casemiro is fit to face Nottingham Forest
- Simone Inzaghi on Manchester United radar as enquiries made over Italian manager
- Eric Ramsay leaves Manchester United to become Minnesota head coach