Antonio Puerta of Sevilla passed away last Sunday. It is an extremely sad day for the club, his family and for the rest of the footballing brethren.
Tim Stannard, the Football 365 La Liga columnist, who writes on his own blog Laligaloca has a tribute post for him. He mentions that he was more or less a Dani Alves equivalent on the left side of Sevilla. Another important cog in the smooth machine that was Sevilla over the past seasons, he was particularly known for his wonder goal that took Sevilla to the UEFA cup final.
May his soul rest in peace.
Similarly, our condolences to the family of the young Rhys Jones. We also feel sad for the family of QPR striker Ray Jones who was killed in a car crash.
May your souls RIP. The footballing community is united in your grief.
- Man Utd very interested in signing Brighton prodigy Moises Caicedo
- Joel Glazer firmly against the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo
- Manchester United offered the chance to sign Antoine Griezmann
- Man Utd weigh up stunning deal for Casemiro
- Man Utd still considering move for Moussa Dembele
- talkSPORT and Fabrizio Romano claim Manchester United are closing in on £42m deal for Matheus Cunha
- Hakim Ziyech remains a priority for Man Utd boss Erik ten Hag
- Erik ten Hag makes direct request to Manchester United board to sign ‘scintillating’ Ajax attacker Antony
- Man Utd ready to battle Chelsea for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Man Utd to accelerate Wan-Bissaka’s exit to sign Sergino Dest