Manchester United defender Diogo Dalot has heaped praise on Bruno Fernandes following his impressive run of form over the past four Premier League games.
The Red Devils started the campaign in the worst possible fashion with two defeats, but have since revived their season with four victories on the bounce.
Fernandes has been one of those that has stepped up with one goal and an assist.
The Portuguese scored with a superb controlled volley against Southampton last month before assisting the crucial second goal in the 3-1 win over Arsenal on Sunday.
Speaking to The National’s Andy Mitten, Dalot said that Fernandes is a confident player and added that everyone needed to step up after a poor start to the season.
He said: “He’s a confident player, we know we need to bring everyone up and after the two games we didn’t win, we tried to motivate each other a little bit more and you can see it on the pitch.”
“We need to keep going, not only Bruno but everyone will show the quality they have and for the greater good, which is for the team.”
Fernandes was far from his best during the back end of the previous league campaign. The 27-year-old was guilty of squandering chances in front of goal.
The trend continued in the curtain-raiser against Brighton at Old Trafford, but he has redeemed himself with two goal contributions in the last four matches.
The Portuguese has had the trust of head coach Erik ten Hag, who decided to back him despite his unconvincing start to the season for the Red Devils.
Fernandes has yet to find his peak form from his first 18 months at United. If he can do that, the club could well be considered as genuine league title contenders.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Manchester United: Christian Eriksen’s masterclass helps Denmark beat France 2-0
- Manchester United news: Nemanja Matic fires back at Roy Keane and defends Harry Maguire
- Manchester United stars shine as Portugal stun Czech Republic 4-0 in the Nations League
- Manchester United star will miss Ukraine clash after picking up second booking in Scotland’s Nations League win
- Manchester United star defends his place in England team after Nations League defeat to Italy
- Ronald Koeman believes Manchester United need to give Ten Hag time to guide them to success
- Manchester United football director makes youth player promise
- Eriksen shines but will he stay fit through Man United’s busy October?
- Gakpo has been on a great run of form – have Man United missed out?
- Christian Eriksen named Manchester United’s Player of the Month for September