Tottenham Hotspur left-back Danny Rose has been strongly linked with a move to Manchester United for more than a year now.
The Russia-bound defender expressed his desire to leave the North London club last summer following Kyle Walker’s departure to Manchester City that saw his fellow England teammate given a huge wage rise.
Jose Mourinho had been expected to sign a new left-back this summer after Ashley Young made the position his own last season. However, Young turns 33 next month and is not an out-and-out defender.
Earlier this month we completed the signing of 19-year-old full-back Diogo Dalot from FC Porto.
Following this, the Telegraph are now reporting that Jose is no longer interested in signing another full-back this summer, suggesting that Dalot is going to play on the left next season. They state that a move to United would be a dream for Rose.
Whilst the report does say that the boss has put any move for Rose on hold but that he could reignite his interest in the England international should we sell Luke Shaw this summer.
Danny Rose spent much of last season either on the sidelines or bench, making only nine Premier League starts for Spurs.
However, that was sufficient for the 27-year-old to get himself a seat on the plane to Russia this summer as part of Gareth Southgate’s England World Cup squad.
Tottenham have been expected to sell their left-back this summer but value the player at £55 million.
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns
- Fabrizio Romano: Manchester United preparing to sign a new centre-back in 2024
- Man Utd interested in signing Tottenham midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in January
- Erik ten Hag confirms double boost for Crystal Palace clash but defensive duo injured
- Manchester United announce Antony’s comeback amid physical assault allegations