New manager, new staff, new era. This season is the biggest of David Moyes’s career. He is an unfamiliar face in the Old Trafford dugout, after the 26 year reign from Sir Alex Ferguson. Yet Moyes has the potential to be one of United’s top managers. I’m going to tell you five reasons why David Moyes can retain our title in his first season at the biggest club in the world, Manchester United. No pressure Moyes!
1. RVP factor.
We all know that if Van Persie plays well, we have a great chance of winning the match. If he is consistent, throughout the campaign, the title has already got our name engraved on it. Last season he has a 10 game goal drought, which didn’t make too much difference, as we were about ten points clear at the time. This season is going to be tighter than ever, but it’s players like Van Persie, that win you those extra points, which ultimately, win you the league. If he’s consistent, the title is most likely ours.
2. Vidic-Ferdinand Partnership.
These two are like a brick wall in front of goal, they have a superb partnership. Nemanja Vidic is the rock solid, dominating centre half, which takes no-nonsense. Next to him, is Rio Ferdinand. Great with and without the ball, he is not the quickest but times his tackles to perfection. His passing is also highly rated; which makes him and Vidic and a perfect pair. If there are no injuries to the two players, we will be so much better at the back. When Vidic was injured last season you could see a difference at the back. He adds a new dimension to the defence, and his strength and power is extraordinary. These two, in my opinion, will be vital in retaining the title.
3. Rooney staying
We’ve seen off interest from Chelsea and Arsenal, and David Moyes has claimed Rooney will stay at United. Him playing off Van Persie in attack is a special thing to have, an asset to the club. Last season, Man United only lost one game when Rooney and Van Persie started together. This shows their partnership in attack is an integral part of the team. If he plays like he did two years ago, and scores as many as Van Persie, the title is ours. We just need him to find form, and find goals.
The club has many experienced players and coaches. Phil Neville, Ryan Giggs, Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic all know what it takes to win the league. This is a great thing to have when you are trying to retain the title. On and off the pitch, the experience of the players will boost the team, and definitely help.
5. Young talent
The likes of Danny Welbeck, Tom Cleverley, Phil Jones, Rafael, Chris Smalling and Adnan Januzaj show the great young talent we have at the club. Their drive and enthusiasm to push into the first team will only help their careers, and if they perform well, they improve. This gives us a better squad, more options and more competition for places. Which is good for the team.
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe now seriously considering buying minority Manchester United stake
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash