Manchester United have already confirmed the signings of centre midfielder Fred from Shakhtar Donetsk and 19-year-old right-back Diogo Dalot from FC Porto.
We continue to be named with a series of other signings as Jose Mourinho looks to overhaul the squad in order to make us 2018-19 Premier League title contenders.
With two months left to sign players a lot is expected to happen at Old Trafford before the start of the new season. Here are five realistic signings for Manchester United before then:
1. Toby Alderweireld (Tottenham Hotspur)
Jose Mourinho will be looking for a new centre-back to partner Eric Bailly next season and Toby Alderweireld is being hotly tipped to join us. The Belgium international lost his place in the Tottenham Hotspur starting lineup towards the end of last season after recovering from his injury, to Davinson Sanchez.
With two years left on his contract but with a £25 million release clause coming into act next summer if he’s still at the club, Tottenham are expected to sell the 29-year-old this summer. However, Daniel Levy is demanding in excess of £55 million which will surely prove to be a stumbling block. At this price, and given his age, there are certainly better options out there, but hopefully Jose and co can negotiate with the North London club.
2. Gareth Bale (Real Madrid)
The former-Tottenham Hotspur winger came on for the last 30 minutes of this season’s Champions League final and scored a winning brace to help Real Madrid beat Liverpool 3-1. However, Gareth Bale has not been a regular under Zinedine Zidane over the past two seasons, sparking rumours he could join us.
However, Zidane has since left the Spanish giants meaning that the next manager could see Bale as an important member of his firs team. Whether the Welsh winger will want to remain at the club beyond this summer remains to be seen. Once again we appear to be priced out of a transfer. Bale turns 29 over the summer and has been injury prone during his five years in the Spanish capital.
3. Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (Lazio)
Jose Mourinho wanted to sign two new central midfielders this summer. So far he has landed one in Fred. We’re on the hunt for another to play in this role and Lazio’s Sergej Milinkovic-Savic is the main priority. The 23-year-old is coming off an excellent season with the Rome club where he scored 12 goals and set up three more from the middle of the park.
But once again reports suggest we are being priced out as the Serie A club want us to break our club transfer record to bring the Serbian international to Old Trafford. Milinkovic-Savic has only had three seasons in a top European league and never played Champions League football – why are the Italian club being so demanding?
4. Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur)
After Ashley Young made the left-back role his own this past season we are sure to bring in a new player in this position over the summer. Not just because the England international will be 33 before the start of next season but because he’s not a natural defender.
We were strongly linked with Danny Rose last summer and the England international’s outburst at Spurs shortly after saw his playing time limited this past season, though he was injured for half of the season too. If Jose Mourinho wants Rose at Manchester United then he shouldn’t be a problem to acquire.
5. Anderson Talisca (Benfica)
Paul Pogba’s inconsistency, Jose’s refusal to play Juan Mata in the number 10 role and Jesse Lingard having too many quiet games there could see us bring in a new number 10 over the summer. One player who has been linked to us on and off this year is Brazilian Anderson Talisca.
The 24-year-old has spent the past two seasons on loan at Besiktas where he has played up front and been very productive. Previously at Benfica he played the number 10 role. With an eye for goal and a natural finish on him, we could certainly make a move for the forward.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player