Manchester United must make an early approach to sign Atalanta striker Rasmus Hojlund this summer amid the increasing interest in his services.
The 20-year-old signed for the Serie A outfit from Sturm Graz last summer and he has been a regular starter for them since the turn of the year.
The Dane has eight goal contributions in 2023 and he has now made his mark with his national team with five goals from just two Euro 2024 qualifiers.
Hojlund bagged a stunning hat-trick in his maiden start against Finland in midweek. He added another two goals to his tally against Kazakhstan today.
Hojlund could be Erik ten Hag’s perfect long-term striker
The 20-year-old has been likened to Manchester City’s Erling Braut Haaland and he definitely has the potential to reach those heights in the coming seasons.
Similar to Haaland, Hojlund is a left-footed striker, who possesses plenty of pace. He has brilliant vision in the box and has impressed with his close-range finishing.
Meanwhile, he has also caught the eye with his hold-up play, distribution and ability to win regular duels. He has all the traits to succeed with United in the Premier League.
Erik ten Hag is currently eyeing a striker with all-round attacking attributes and in our opinion, Hojlund would be an ideal fit and has plenty of room for development.
It has been reported that he could be prised away for between £35-47 million and that would be a bargain in today’s transfer market for a player of his potential.
United must move early for the player to beat the competition from their rivals. Personal terms won’t be a concern as Hojlund has confessed that he is a huge United fan.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December