Manchester United have the opportunity to delay Manchester City’s Premier League title crowning for a further week with victory over West Bromwich Albion on Sunday.
We currently have a 14-point lead over Chelsea with six games remaining as we close in on qualification on next season’s Champions League.
West Brom could be relegated at Old Trafford on Sunday if they lose and a number of results go against them this weekend.
Here is the team I think Jose Mourinho will field:
Goalkeeper: David de Gea
The Spaniard will be wanting another clean sheet against the team bottom of the Premier League as David de Gea looks to close in on the Golden Gloves award.
Defence: Antonio Valencia, Eric Bailly, Chris Smalling, Ashley Young
Phil Jones is back to full fitness but I think Chris Smalling will maintain his place in the starting XI alongside Eric Bailly this weekend. I don’t see any changes at full-back either as Jose Mourinho knows his strongest defence now and already has eyes on replacements over the summer.
Midfield: Nemanja Matic, Paul Pogba; Juan Mata, Alexis Sanchez, Marcus Rashford
Nemanja Matic will be the holding man as per usual, alongside Paul Pogba. As this is a game where we will dominate possession and dictate play the French star will have a lot of freedom to venture forward and perhaps add to his brace from the Manchester derby last weekend. Alexis Sanchez shone in the second half in that game at the Etihad and I think the Chilean will be given the free role or number 10 against West Brom. Juan Mata could come back in down the right in place of Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford given another chance down the left.
Striker: Romelu Lukaku
The big striker barely got a touch of the ball last weekend, let alone a shot but Romelu Lukaku should see chances versus his former club on Sunday.
Here is how we line up on paper:
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe now seriously considering buying minority Manchester United stake
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash