Manchester United have become odds on favourites and very short odds at that to sign Alexis Sanchez from Arsenal over the past few days.
The Chilean superstar is in the final six months of his deal at the Emirates with no intention of signing a new deal. Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has already conceded that the club will be losing the player and it appears he wants to cash in this month before losing him on a free transfer over the summer.
Sky Bet have cut the odds to a very short 1/8 that Manchester United will sign Sanchez during this month’s winter transfer window:
This comes after Manchester City pulled out of a deal for the 29-year-old this month after they refused to increase their offer after Arsenal’s demands.
Many now believe it is only a matter of time before Manchester United wrap up a deal for Alexis Sanchez, with FourFourTwo journalist Sam Pilger going as far as to say that he will join us as early as this week.
#MUFC increasingly confident they have secured Alexis Sanchez, and he will be a United player some time this week
— Sam Pilger (@sampilger) January 15, 2018
If this turns out to be true, then here is how we could lineup at Burnley for our next Premier League game this Saturday:
Although Alexis Sanchez is predominately a left forward, the Chilean has spent plenty of his career out on the right too, with both Barcelona and Arsenal, and can be just as productive.
Jose Mourinho was able to welcome back both Antonio Valencia and Phil Jones for Monday night’s 3-0 thrashing of Stoke City, meaning that centre-back Eric Bailly is the only first team absentee currently.
Ashley Young will be available again after suspension for our trip to Turf Moor this weekend but Luke Shaw is starting to make the position his own of late.
- Jadon Sancho reunion would be appealing for Borussia Dortmund but there are reservations
- Manchester United to assess fitness of three players ahead of their Premier League clash with Crystal Palace
- Daley Blind sends warning to Man Utd midfielder Donny van de Beek
- Man United plan contract talks for rising star Hannibal Mejbri
- Sofyan Amrabat only wanted Man Utd this summer, eyes permanent stay
- Roy Keane sends message to Jadon Sancho after Man Utd exile
- Manchester United’s under-21s suffer 8-1 thrashing against Bolton Wanderers
- Man Utd have fresh solution at left-back with Sofyan Amrabat
- Alejandro Garnacho reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s performance against Crystal Palace
- Casemiro delivers masterclass performance against Crystal Palace in Carabao Cup