Manchester United will be looking to bounce back from the derby day defeat before the international break with three points at home to Crystal Palace on Saturday.
We head into the weekend seven points off the Champions League places but would be guaranteed to close the gap with a victory over the Eagles as third and fourth placed Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur meet at Wembley Stadium later in the day.
Crystal Palace have failed to win any of their last seven Premier League matches, losing five, as they hang narrowly above the relegation zone heading into the weekend. Roy Hodgson’s sides only victories so far this season have come against the current bottom two – Fulham and Huddersfield Town.
Here are three players who can lead us to a safe victory on Saturday:
1. Anthony Martial
Since Jose Mourinho has given the forward a good run out in the first team Anthony Martial has been firing on all cylinders. The French forward has scored in each of his past five Premier League games, a total of six goals. His pace and eye for goal should be a real problem for Crystal Palace’s inexperienced right-back, Aaron Win-Bissaka, at Old Trafford on Saturday.
Should the boss go with the likes of Juan Mata and Paul Pogba in the starting lineup then you can expect the 22-year-old to see his fair share of chances against the Southeast London club. Anthony Martial is 13/10 to score anytime with 138.
2. Paul Pogba
The French international was certainly missed in the derby and is expected to be fully fit to start this weekend after withdrawing from the French team over the international break. Paul Pogba continues to be hit and miss for us but may play with a point to prove after his absence last time out. If so, Crystal Palace have every reason to fear the worst.
Pogba has scored three goals and assisted a further three this season. With the visitors conceding 11 goals in their past six Premier League games I would expect the former Juventus man to be able to unlock their defence at will. Manchester United are evens to win by 2 or more goals with 138.
3. Juan Mata
Juan Mata opened the scoring as we ran riot on Frank de Boer’s side in a 4-0 victory last season. The Spaniard is well rested after not featuring over the international break and that could mean he’ll start down the right wing on Saturday whilst Jesse Lingard gets a rest.
The playmaker could take advantage of the space left behind by attacking full-back Patrick van Aanholt and you’d certainly expect Mata to have success against the defender when cutting inside on his stronger foot from the right. Whether it’s creating chances or shooting at goal himself, you can expect a good performance from the 30-year-old if he starts. Juan Mata is 7/1 to open the scoring in this fixture again with 138.
You can bet in-play on the Manchester United-Crystal Palace match this weekend with 138 bet – new users can take advantage of their sign-up bonus by joining today.
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday