Manchester United flew out to Dubai on Monday morning for a squad training camp.
After a busy Christmas and New Year schedule that saw us play six games in just 17 days, picking up injuries and suspensions along the way.
Following our 2-0 win over Derby County in the FA Cup third round on Friday night we have more than a week off before returning to action to face Stoke City in the Premier League at Old Trafford on Monday 15 January.
This is a great opportunity for the team to recoup from the busy schedule and Jose Mourinho has decided to treat the team with a trip to the United Arab Emirates in between.
However, three of our first team stars have been left back home. Injured duo Eric Bailly and Zlatan Ibrahimovic have not travelled with the squad as they continue to recover.
Goalkeeper Sergio Romero did not board the plane either but instead youngster Kieran O’Hara went out in place of the Argentine. O’Hara is currently playing for Nicky Butt’s reserve team, recently signing a new contract, but is yet to be involved in a first team matchday squad for Jose Mourinho’s side. Joel Pereira is our usual third choice goalkeeper who earns a place on the bench when David de Gea is rested.
- Jadon Sancho reunion would be appealing for Borussia Dortmund but there are reservations
- Manchester United to assess fitness of three players ahead of their Premier League clash with Crystal Palace
- Daley Blind sends warning to Man Utd midfielder Donny van de Beek
- Man United plan contract talks for rising star Hannibal Mejbri
- Sofyan Amrabat only wanted Man Utd this summer, eyes permanent stay
- Roy Keane sends message to Jadon Sancho after Man Utd exile
- Manchester United’s under-21s suffer 8-1 thrashing against Bolton Wanderers
- Man Utd have fresh solution at left-back with Sofyan Amrabat
- Alejandro Garnacho reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s performance against Crystal Palace
- Casemiro delivers masterclass performance against Crystal Palace in Carabao Cup