Manchester United must be wary of the threat of Wilfried Zaha when they host Galatasaray in the Champions League group stage on Tuesday night.
The Red Devils have had a tough start to the campaign and they recently suffered their fourth defeat of the Premier League season against Crystal Palace at Old Trafford.
As a result, the club are languishing in the 10th spot in the standings, and they are seven points adrift of a top-four spot after just seven games into the new season.
Meanwhile, United suffered a 4-3 defeat to Bayern Munich in their Champions League opener and they face another challenge against Galatasaray on Tuesday.
The Turkish champions have an ordinary record in Europe’s elite competition, but they possess plenty of attacking threat after investing into some quality players.
Mauro Icardi will lead the attack for the Istanbul outfit. They also have Dries Mertens and Hakim Ziyech (currently injured) to make things happen in the final third.
However, the main threat at Old Trafford could come through Zaha, who scored his maiden league goal for Galatasaray with a powerful strike over the weekend.
The Ivorian star also provided an assist in the 1-1 draw against Copenhagen in the Champions League. In our opinion, United must be wary of his threat tomorrow.
Zaha has only three goals from 15 outings versus United, but those contributions have come in the last four games. He scored twice in a 3-1 win for Crystal Palace in 2020.
Aside from his goal involvements, the £85,000-a-week star has also been brilliant with his dribbling ability from the left wing and Diogo Dalot may require defensive support.
It is unclear who could start on the right wing, but it could be Antony following his return to training. The Brazilian must backtrack to support Dalot when Zaha has possession.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Capology.com
- Newcastle 1-0 Manchester United: Player ratings as awful displays from Rashford and Martial put pressure on Ten Hag
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, 4 changes
- ‘He has to play’: Erik ten Hag confirms Man Utd midfielder could leave in January
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, Mainoo returns
- Serhou Guirassy flattered by Man Utd interest
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount will return to training today
- Stats show the real culprits in Manchester United’s dismal performances this season
- Man Utd very interested in signing Antonio Silva, attentive to his performances
- Man Utd showing interest in signing Serhou Guirassy
- Man Utd in very advanced talks to sign Genoa star Radu Dragusin