Manchester United legend Gary Neville sent an ironic reaction following the Red Devils’ embarrassing Premier League defeat to Bournemouth on Saturday.
Erik ten Hag’s side had a fantastic result against Chelsea in midweek. They dominated the proceedings for most of the game and ended up with a 2-1 victory.
Despite this, there were some concerns over the big chances conceded. Nicolas Jackson and Mykhailo Mudryk could have easily scored on another day.
Against the Cherries, United paid the price for their lacklustre defending with three goals and the margin of defeat could have been worse at Old Trafford.
The Cherries hit the woodwork and squandered one big chance. Dango Ouattara’s late goal was chalked off after he handled the ball as he rounded Andre Onana.
United had 20 attempts on goal versus the Cherries but never looked like finding the back of the net.
In the end, the margin of defeat could have been worse and Neville ironically said that 3-0 looks like a good result after watching the highlights of the game.
He posted on X: “I’ve just watched the highlights on the Sky Sports website and 3-0 looks like a good result.”
United need a big response against Bayern
The Red Devils recently suffered a 1-0 loss against Newcastle United at St James’ Park and came up with the perfect response by beating Mauricio Pochettino’s side.
However, they were thoroughly beaten by the Cherries at home yesterday. It was their sixth defeat at Old Trafford this term. The club suffered just two last season.
There needs to be a big reaction against Bayern Munich on Wednesday where United must win to have any chance of making the last 16 of the Champions League.
The club also need Copenhagen and Galatasaray to share the spoils in the other game, but they must concentrate on their own result and secure three points.
Manager Erik ten Hag may need to go more defensive in midfield for the game as Sofyan Amrabat found himself isolated yesterday with Scott McTominay’s forward runs.
There was visible space in the centre of the park which Bournemouth exploited. Against Bayern, a similar situation could be catastrophic for the Mancunian giants.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow