Manchester United star Marcus Rashford has had a tremendous season under manager Erik ten Hag.
He recently bagged a couple of assists in the 2-0 win over Nottingham Forest in the second leg of the Carabao Cup semi-final.
The England star has now taken his goal contributions to 26 for the campaign. The 25-year-old is on course for his best-ever season for United. Statistic-wise, he is currently outperforming two of Arsenal’s best wide players.
Bukayo Saka has had a fine season for the Gunners, but he has only bagged eight goals and seven assists this campaign. Meanwhile, Gabriel Martinelli has chipped in with seven goals and three assists for Arsenal across all competitions.
The talented Arsenal duo have a combined 25 goal involvements this term – one less than Rashford. The United graduate is doing plenty of things right to outperform the Gunners pair.
Erik ten Hag has already described him as ‘unstoppable‘, and he will hopefully continue his fine run in the coming weeks as the club look to ensure qualification for the Champions League alongside winning silverware.
United have gone nearly six years without any trophies, but they have a brilliant opportunity to end the unwanted drought when they face Newcastle United in the Carabao Cup final at Wembley Stadium on February 26.
Rashford’s current deal expires at the end of next season, and it seems a no-brainer for United’s hierarchy to commit him to a long-term contract. The club cannot afford to lose a star in the prime of his playing career.
With Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid keeping tabs, United may have to make Rashford the highest earner at the club to convince him to prolong his stay beyond the summer of 2024.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Elliott Investment Management submits offer for Man United minority stake
- Man Utd continuing attempts to agree new contracts with De Gea and Rashford
- Man Utd and Chelsea vying to sign Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana
- With Paul Mitchell set to leave Monaco, Man Utd must beat Liverpool and sign him
- Cristiano Ronaldo opens up on his controversial Manchester United exit for the first time
- Tottenham Hotspur’s interest in Man United goalkeeper Dean Henderson could open talks for Harry Kane deal
- Manchester United in advanced talks to sign Watford left-back Harry Amass
- Man Utd star Christian Eriksen provides huge injury update on Instagram
- Behind only Arsenal, Man Utd have been fined six-figure sum for referee abuse
- Man Utd target Diogo Costa could be sold as Porto require €50m to balance their books