Brazilian forward Tete has said that Manchester United are one of three European clubs for whom he dreams of playing.
The 20-year-old has been with Shakhtar Donetsk since February 2019 when he made the move from Brazilian side Gremio.
Tete failed to earn a single appearance for Gremio at the senior level but he has definitely made a mark for the Ukrainian champions with nine goals and seven assists from 36 appearances.
Speaking to Esporte Interativo via Goal, the attacker said that he has the ambition of playing for some of the Europe’s elite clubs including Barcelona, Manchester United and Liverpool.
“Three clubs are part of my dream in Europe: Barcelona, Manchester United and Liverpool. Gigantic clubs with fantastic managers and an incredible number of trophies,” he told.
“As a player, I dream of winning important titles and those clubs are incredible options to achieve that.
“I know United and Liverpool are rivals. But, if the moment of choosing one of them actually came about I would have to choose wisely.”
Tete can play in the attacking midfield or right-wing position but he has primarily played for Shakhtar in the latter of those roles, where he has made all of his goalscoring contributions.
United are definitely looking to sign someone to strengthen the right side of the attack but it is unlikely that they would prioritise Tete’s signature ahead of Borussia Dortmund’s Sancho.
Still, the Brazilian could be regarded as a back-up target for the club, suppose they are unsuccessful in their attempt to sign Sancho during the next transfer window.
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns
- Fabrizio Romano: Manchester United preparing to sign a new centre-back in 2024
- Man Utd interested in signing Tottenham midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in January
- Erik ten Hag confirms double boost for Crystal Palace clash but defensive duo injured
- Manchester United announce Antony’s comeback amid physical assault allegations