Manchester United’s Phil Jones and Marcus Rashford start for England as they take on Slovakia in a crucial 2018 World Cup qualifying match at Wembley Stadium this evening.
Jones was the only United starter in Friday night’s 4-0 thrashing of Malta, whilst Rashford replaced Raheem Sterling at half-time.
The full England team to face Slovakia this evening is as follows:
Joe Hart; Kyle walker, Phil Jones, Gary Cahill, Ryan Bertrand; Eric Dier, Jordan Henderson; Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Dele Alli, Marcus Rashford; Harry Kane
Gareth Southgate names a strong lineup to face the nation we drew 0-0 with at Euro 2016 and whom we only beat 1-0 with a 95th minute goal from Adam Lallana in the previous World Cup qualifier one year ago today; Sam Allardyce’s one and only game in charge of the England national team.
Rashford and Eric Dier are the two changes the manager has made from Friday’s fixture.
England currently have a two-point lead over Slovenia in Group F with Slovenia hosting Lithuania this evening.
- Man Utd in pole position in Kim Min-jae race but PSG could explore deal for him
- ‘Above all’: Man Utd leading race to sign Rasmus Hojlund, need to make ‘big offer’
- Man Utd provide ‘strong competition’ in race to sign AZ Alkmaar forward Jesper Karlsson
- Man Utd boss ten Hag deems Victor Lindelof ‘untouchable’
- PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi playing significant role in Manchester United takeover bid
- Stats show why Kim Min-jae is the perfect signing for Man Utd over Axel Disasi
- Sheikh Jassim will not end interest in Manchester United if Friday deadline passes
- Manchester United finalising proposal to sign Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Man Utd linked with Juventus star Federico Chiesa who could be sold for €30-35m
- Manchester United consider loaning out Mason Greenwood next season