The January transfer window is open and Manchester United are widely expected to do some business to ensure we finish in the top four this season and make progress.
One position where we have not looked great this season is out on the right wing. Both Marcus Rashford and Jesse Lingard have been tried and tested there with little success, whilst Jose Mourinho is seemingly not a big fan of Juan Mata who has spent the majority of the season there.
We have strongly been linked with making a move for Chelsea’s Willian over the past couple of months with the Brazilian out-of-favour at Stamford Bridge.
However, reports over the past couple of days suggest we could make a move for his fellow countryman, Lucas Moura, from Paris Saint-Germain instead.
With the abundance of talent the wealthy French side have at their disposal the right winger has been limited to just 72 minutes of Ligue 1 action across five substitute appearances this season and has not been involved in the Champions League at all.
Lucas is believed to have been in discussions over a move to the Chinese Super League over the past week or so but a deal is yet to happen.
The Sun are now reporting that Jose Mourinho is ‘desperate’ to get a deal wrapped up for the 25-year-old and that PSG would be willing to let the Brazilian international go for £40 million – just £2m more than they paid for his services five years ago.
Last week, French outlet Le10Sport reported that we had made contact with the club over a possible move for the player but that it was still early days.
Now it seems as though it’s very possible that we could make a swoop for Lucas Moura this month, or in fact, in the next couple of days.
The Brazilian international is a pacey right winger who has a lot of flair and an eye for goal. He’d certainly give us a different option to Mata out on that wing, and is arguably a better player than Chelsea’s Willian. The £40 million price tag also seems very reasonable in today’s market.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player