Manchester United star Marcus Rashford has had a brilliant 2022/23 campaign and he recently netted his 27th goal of the season against Real Betis on the road.
The 25-year-old’s form has been truly exceptional since the turn of the year and as things stand, he is the top-scorer in Europe’s top-five leagues in 2023 with 16 goals.
Manchester City striker Erling Braut Haaland has scored for fun lately with eight goals in the last two outings, but the Norwegian has netted only 15 times this year.
Meanwhile, United’s top target Victor Osimhen also has 15 goals to his name. This clearly shows that Rashford has been doing a lot of things right under Erik ten Hag.
While Haaland and Osimhen are traditional number nines, Rashford has largely played on the left wing for United but he has been equally effective in finding the net.
The forward has also created chances for his teammates in the same period. He has chipped in with five assists in 2023 compared to just two for Haaland and Osimhen.
Hence, it can be said that Rashford has been truly world-class in recent months and United’s hierarchy must move quickly and commit him to a new long-term contract.
His current £200,000-a-week deal expires in the summer of 2024 and in our opinion, the attacker deserves to become the club’s highest earner by doubling his salary.
The England star is in the peak of his career at 25 years of age. He should only get better as United add more quality around him in attack over forthcoming campaigns.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com and Capology.com
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’