Manchester United star Lisandro Martinez has announced his return from the injury that kept him out of action since the start of April.
Martinez underwent surgery after sustaining a metatarsal fracture during United’s Europa League quarter-final clash with Sevilla.
The 25-year-old is back on the training pitch and took to Twitter to announce his return.
The Red Devils signed Martinez from Ajax for £56.7 million last summer.
He had a spectacular debut season, helping United keep 20 clean sheets in 45 games across competitions.
Lisandro Martinez’s comeback is great news for Man United
The Red Devils have secured a great partnership at the heart of their defence with Raphael Varane and Martinez.
The pair have changed the culture of United’s backline. They have been proactive with their tackles and interceptions.
Being a left-footer, Martinez brings a different angle of ball distribution to the pitch.
He is an intelligent defender who loves to play incisive passes through the middle. When he is on the pitch, United are more comfortable playing out from the back.
Martinez has been instrumental in United’s rise this season, and fans will expect the same from him in the upcoming campaign.
His return is a massive boost for the Red Devils as he looks to be on track to start pre-season.
United are scouting a range of centre-back options this summer, but Martinez will likely retain his starting spot.
Any new defender signed by the club will be a back-up to Varane and Martinez.
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions